Having 'Nukaad ka chaat wala' is one of the luxuries you don't have outside India. Oh the sweet, spicy n tangy taste... I miss it so much. For some reason, I never found that taste in chaat served at restaurants here (*subuk subuk*). But no worries, now I have decided to take matters in my hand.... yes, I am gonna prepare chaat varieties at home. And to begin with here is the recipe for that sweet n tangy taste....
- Tamarind/ Imli 50 grams
- 4 Dates/ Khajur
- 10 Raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilly powder
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- Remove seeds if any and then soak tamarind, dates and raisins together in luke warm water for 45 minutes. Add water just enough to soak the ingredients.
- Blend them together to make fine paste. Filter using a sieve.
- Simmer the filtered paste on low flame for about 5 mins or till it gets the desired thickness.
- Let it cool and store in air tight container in refrigerator.